Who says that you cannot have a sweet treat for breakfast? Whether you are trying to regulate your weight, pump up more muscles, or just try to stay healthy, it is important to have a proper meal in the morning and boost your metabolism. However, many people make the mistake of thinking that they should eat nothing or close to nothing for breakfast and that they will thus lose a couple of pounds. Trust me – this could not be further from the truth. Have you ever tried Banana Flax Breakfast Muffins before? If not then get ready to learn this amazing recipe.
Making your breakfast fun, exciting and healthy is very important and, if you do so, your body will surely thank Bananayou. This does not mean that breakfast has to be light and restricted to oatmeal and low-fat yogurt, but you can try something else as well. One of the things I just love having for breakfast is a banana-flax muffin. These treats are easy to make, more than healthy, provide a ton of energy and, ultimately, they are so tasty you could die!
Their unique combination of omega-3 acids from flax seeds and the sweet flavor of the banana makes them the best breakfast that will turn your day into a great one. Finally, if you make them in the morning, they will stay fresh until the late afternoon, so you can enjoy them after work as well. Here is how you can make a batch right now:
Banana Flax Breakfast Muffins
Recipe Type: Breakfast
These breakfast muffins are easy to make, more than healthy, provide a ton of energy and, ultimately, they are so tasty you could die!
- 2 cups of cereal – it does not matter which brand, just use your favorite
- 1/4 cup of ground flaxseed
- 1 cup of low-fat buttermilk (it doesn’t have to be buttermilk, I just find it tastes better)
- 4 sliced bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of oil – preferably virgin olive or canola oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon of ground cinnamon (you can add more if you are a cinnamon fan)
- 1/4 tablespoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tablespoon of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and start making the muffin batter. Use a food processor or a strong kitchen blender to mix the cereal, flaxseeds and buttermilk. Mix until smooth and let it rest for half an hour.
- Once your oven is heated, coat a muffin pan – a 12-cup one would be ideal, but if you do not own one, just make two batches of six – with cooking spray.
- Add three sliced bananas to the cereal mixture and process it some more. Finally, add an egg, oil and sugar.
- Whip baking powder, baking soda and flour together with the cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a separate bowl and add it to the cereal mixture. Process for a couple of minutes until completely smooth.
- Fill muffin cups with the batter and place the slices of the remaining banana on top of them. Bake for 20 minutes, let the muffins cool and enjoy!
The whole reason why I love this recipe so much is that it combines the health effects of flax seeds which I have been reading a lot about, with something sweet and tasty. It gives me plenty of energy in the morning and makes me feel good!
If you are on the lookout for a new breakfast snack, make sure to try these yummsters, and please let me know what you make of them!
Health Benefits of Banana Flax Breakfast Muffins
Several health benefits can be obtained from banana flax breakfast muffins due to their nutritious ingredients. These muffins may have the following health benefits:
- The banana and flaxseed are both good sources of fiber. A healthy digestive system is aided by fiber, which promotes regular bowel movements and aids in digestion.
- Flaxseeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are known for their heart-protective properties. By reducing inflammation, reducing blood pressure, and supporting cardiovascular health, these fatty acids can benefit your health.
- Bananas are loaded with nutrients, including potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and manganese. Many bodily functions rely on these nutrients, such as the health of the heart, the function of the immune system, and the ability to burn energy.
- Bananas and flaxseeds provide good amounts of carbohydrates, the body’s primary energy source. Breakfasts containing these muffins can provide you with sustained energy throughout the day.
- Celiac disease and gluten intolerance: These muffins can be enjoyed by individuals with gluten intolerance and celiac disease if they are made with gluten-free ingredients, such as gluten-free flour or oats.
- Banana flax muffins may aid in weight management because of their high fiber content, which may lead to a feeling of fullness and a reduction in overall calorie intake.
- Flaxseeds contain antioxidants such as lignans and dopamine, while bananas contain antioxidants such as dopamine and vitamin C. By combating oxidative stress, protecting cells from damage, and supporting good health, these compounds help prevent disease.
- By nourishing beneficial gut bacteria, banana flax muffins support a healthy gut microbiome.
Muffins have a unique nutritional composition based on their specific recipe and ingredients.